Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Spring Skiing In The North

Wazzüp?!

Spring is a funny time of the year; soft snow, better weather than usual and good times!
Right now we're in a resort called Ukkohalla(www.hallapark.com). I'm accompanied by filmer Aarni "Aape" Toiviainen and we're enjoying the good weather and approximately 70cm of snow they have here in this part of Finland. Today we tried to get some followcam shots from this really poppy kicker when I was doing a nine and Aape and his camera followed me with an enormous velocity which caused him to overshoot the jump by far. I was scared to death when I heard Aape screaming in the air with pure 'I don't wanna die' attitude. After that episode the clouds rolled in, my ass was sore and it was time to head to the Sauna World right next to the slopes!

Tomorrow we're still gonna be here filming but in the evening we'll head to Ruka for some more shooting. Check back soon for updates from our excitement-packed Lapland roadtrip!

-Okko-

No comments:

Post a Comment